Sunday, August 9, 2009

I think I might like to go to the show

There's one band I really want to see right now. U2.
I know that's terribly cliche and obvious and such, but they're onto something special right now. Musically and... spiritually... at their shows. I've been watching some of the coverage from the Europe leg of the tour and there's something happening. I'm not so sure it's the band but more a synergy between the band and the audience right now. The band has stretched out a little and the audiences have followed.

Check this response to the recent Poland show by Gary Lightbody from Snow Patrol, the opening act.

Bono's voice is wearing a little from age some nights, but he's got something in it that was missing for awhile. They sound like they mean what they're saying again. It's brilliant.

I'll leave you with this fantastically shot video from u2006.com's youtube channel. Go ahead and search through some of the other video's they've shot from the rest of the tour. Barcelona was really cool, both nights. In Poland, at Chorzow... and without a doubt, the two Zagreb shows which just happened today and yesterday. They'll be up soon, no doubt.

No comments: