Sunday, August 9, 2009

Who's got the herd?

I really love that picture of "The Lee Harvey Oswald Band" rocking Dallas. On some level that's a really sad picture and not funny at all, because in some way it mocks the murder of someone, and murder is tragic, not funny. What makes it hilarious to me is that it turns something sad and awful into something humourous and fun. It works because the expressions and body angles work so well. I love the way Oswald looks like he's screaming into the microphone on a final chord and the way the gunman looks like he's swooping in for one last final lick.

Anyway...

I found a couple articles today that I thought were awesome. This one reflects on a rather interesting way of responding to a potential breakup. Pretty awesome. And here we find out that redheads are statistically more likely to require greater amounts of anesthesia than ordinary mortals.

Milk has apparently taken a hit on the local market. Last week, at Aldi, the grocer of choice for anyone who has need to appreciate the value of a dollar, I paid $1.89 for a gallon of 2% (the balance point of health and flavor). This week, 2% milk was wooing customers for a mere $1.49/gal., a 21% decrease in price over a 7 day period. In these lean-ish economic times (I won't overestimate this recession by full use of the word lean. I knew people who lived through truly lean economic times, aka, The Great Depression), it's always good to celebrate the silver linings.

When I (eventually) build a house for myself and my (eventually) lovely family (aka 20 cats and dogs), I'm using brick siding. I would be happy to never have to scrap another house ever, not to mention the benefits of just never having to paint. Limited stylistic choices, but that's not a problem for such a maven of fashion as myself. I make everything look good, baby... lol

No comments: