Friday, August 14, 2009

Hello, I hope your porch looks okay

Today was my last day with College Pro Painting. I'm, frankly, relieved. There's nothing like working for salesmen as a painter to wish you were doing work you could be proud of. Ack.

I'm really grateful for the work because it got me back on my feet. But, man... that's no way to paint. I just couldn't do it, so I'm glad I don't have to anymore. I have a huge aversion to doing work I can't be proud of. Especially regarding someone's home. I wish my bosses the best of luck and I really hope they get out of this company. There's just no reason to be involved in something like that. You'd be better off in Amway or Cutco or Quixtar. Then at least you'd be clear with yourself and the customers about the situation. Maybe that's not true, but the point is, sales is sales, painting is painting.

My older brother sent me a link to a company near me that might be hiring, so we'll see what we can manage.

No comments: