Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pines from the Provinces

Speaking of Boards of Canada, here's the video to Dayvan Cowboy. It's frankly not the most typical BoC track, but gosh, it's great.



The first part of the video is official footage from Project Excelsior, a parachute-jump test project of the USAF. That is worth consideration in it's own right, but the ability to see the footage makes the video even more worthwhile.

For reasons as to why I consider Radiohead's All I Need to have a Boards of Canada feel, check this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving the Radiohead video. All I Need and Videotape are my favorite tracks on In Rainbows, and that video certainly did it justice.

Mike said...

Yes, yes, yes... It's absolutely worth finding the From the Basement session with Thom solo doing Videotape on a old piano. It's better than the official version in my opinion. Or I can send you a copy, as I know I've one buried under some other music in my harddrive somewhere....

Carrie said...

There is also a video of Radiohead performing Videotape live at Bonnaroo that is worth checking out on youtube. I converted that to an audio file so that I could have it on my iPod.
Saw them in concert last summer, and it was one of the best concerts I have been to.