Friday, July 24, 2009

Be glad it's not *your* house

Well, I'm concerned this painting job is not going to last very long... The crew I'm with is just doing an awful job. Just truly awful. I'd like to say I'm doing a great job but I'm not sure that's true either. I'm not fast enough to be doing a great job nor am I skilled enough at cutting in around windows and such to be doing a great job. Still, I think I understand the job as a whole better than the other two people. I think the lesson of the experience thus far is: never hire an inexperienced project manager, and never throw all inexperienced people into a crew together. That last one goes without saying, or should. Oh, and it's confirming my belief in good procedures. Gotta have 'em.

I feel really bad for the home owner. I wish there was more I could do, but when you're one person out of three and not the one in charge, it's tough.

No comments: