Sunday, July 26, 2009

All I Need is From the Basement

Just watched Radiohead's performance of the majority of In Rainbows at From the Basement. Wow, wow, wow. I'm not a huge Radiohead fan, but I think In Rainbows is really amazing, from every angle. I dig the focus on the songs rather than the textures or sounds. And boy does it sound great. Mmmm.... yum, yum, delicious. I wish I could point you to.... well, let's see... yes, youtube has this. Here's All I Need, probably the most gorgeous track on the album, live From the Basement:



There's a real Boards of Canada sound going on with that bass guitar, although I have to doubt that's anything more than my own perception. Still, there's an odd kinship there at the moment.

I feel as though I should say a little something about From the Basement... They are an amazing program. You can find them here.

No comments: