Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Well, it's that time again. It's time to blog. It's time to blog a lot. It's time to blog a lot because I'm once again jobless. Yes, these are the days I'll look back upon fondly and think, "what in the world was i doing back then and why isn't my life as awesome now." Naw, with any sort of grace at all, I won't be saying that. In fact, let's make sure I'm not.

I bought a Mackie 1202 VLZ3 mixer off Ebay this week, and for some reason I'm having a hard time remembering, I also bought a $20 guitar amp. I still need to buy a transformer upgrade for the ribbon mic I bought on Ebay a few months ago. Once I do all these things, plus a few more, I may have a half decent sounding recording set-up. Which I will hopefully use well. Now if only I had a room with 15 foot ceilings and a piano.

I also found out today that Tim Gerak from Six Parts Seven has opened up a nice recording studio in Highland Square, Akron, where I used to be, and is offering mastering prices I can afford. So, that's on the burner as well.

I'm almost (almost being a long way from anywhere in particular) done with turning the Audacity projects from two years ago into wav files for export for mixing purposes, so hopefully I will finally, finally, finally have some official output by the new year.

Cheers!

No comments: