Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sundays are for napping

I got my new computer up and running again. It's not pretty by any means, but it's stable and it works. And that's the important thing for now. I'll be much happier when I get a copy of XP on there and I can use the full capabilites of the video card and motherboard, but at least I can get around now.

Tim Gerak from Six Parts Seven has agreed to mix the music I recorded for The Becky Adams EP. So, at long last, I should have an official product. That will make me very happy. In the meantime, I have to finish breaking out the tracks into .wav files for export, which means I need a copy of XP ASAP. I can't really do any serious work until I have that in hand and have my new machine fully functional.

Also, I'm trying to get my new recording equipment fully operational as well. I've got a work-around solution for present, but I have some connectivity issues to overcome still. It'll work though.

I'm not sure what to do about a job yet, although my days in Alva are definitely numbered. Maybe I'll move to the Antari system and join the Separatists.

No comments: