Monday, October 27, 2008

Christianity versus?

I think I just figured out something, so here's the thing: I really believe Christianity is the truth, and often times christians try to come up with "Christian" solutions to life's problems, but the reality is that we're all very much trying to learn how to be human. I do think that Christianity correctly describes the relationship between God and humanity, but the relationship between one and oneself is not necessarily the fundamental purpose of the Bible (and thus, Christianity). It's not necessarily even the fundamental purpose of God, since even before the fall, God tells people to go and make something of the Earth. i.e., that's *your* job to figure out. In some sense, God may not even entirely "know" how we are supposed to be, if that is something that we have to discover. That's not to say that the rules of God don't still apply, because obviously they do, I'm just exploring a subtle thing here.

This explains something to me.

No comments: